Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No Facebook

This week I decided to take myself off of Facebook for a few days. Actually it was a challenge from my Relentless journey to become forgotten. The thing I miss most I guess is the fact I couldn’t be a voice for the voiceless as readily as I could have been. Of course, I don’t always post intellectual or spiritual posts by a long shot. However, when something comes to mind to share, I enjoy sharing those thoughts. Facebook can be fun, and it does hold a purpose I suppose: chatting with friends and family that live a far away (or even in the same house-ha!), finding old friends and rebuilding relationships, and of course the games. LOL!!! I was able to figure out how to post something without actually being on Facebook--you may have noticed a couple that I posted on Tuesday.
I may never be in a situation like so many children around the world who find themselves living on the streets, in sewers or in orphan mills. And I will never truly know what it means to be completely hopeless and forgotten. But I can be a voice to those who are.
Do you remember who, on that Christmas night in Bethlehem, was told of Christ’s birth? God chose the shepherds--the forgotten and hopeless. He could have told kings or rulers and religious leaders. But he chose shepherds of all people. Shepherds in New Testament times were often despised because they lived with their flocks day and night. They were thought of as ceremonially unclean and not permitted to enter the temple. They resembled the hopelessness of children on the streets. However, Jesus is our HOPE--the hope for these children.
Do you know of anyone who has been forgotten? Pray for children around the world that feel hopeless and forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment