Monday, April 18, 2011

More Thoughts on Hopeless and Forgotten

Have you ever felt hopeless or forgotten at some time in your life? Do you remember what it felt like? When I was a little girl, maybe first grade, I walked home from school and no one was there. Where had my family gone? Was I forgotten? I felt so alone. I sat on the front porch until my family returned. I felt frightened and knowing me, I probably cried too. I can’t even imagine children on the street that feel all alone, as if no one cared, no one loved them. The orphans living on their own, possibly raising younger siblings instead of attending school or playing with friends--feeling all alone, helpless, hopeless, speechless, voiceless, forgotten, and the list goes on.

The poor and needy search for water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
--Isaiah 41:17

Not all of the children on the street choose to be there. They may be kicked out of their homes as Romeo was (previous story), by his stepmother who didn’t want her husband’s children. Perhaps the children can’t be fed or taken care of in the home. Some are sold into slavery, others are on the streets. Maybe, not all children who feel hopeless and forgotten live on the streets. They may live at home and in a family, but for whatever reasons, they still feel forgotten and alone.
Sometimes we may forget; we forget about God or other people in our lives and about ourselves.
For Romeo and each one of us, we can find comfort and peace in knowing God will never leave or forsake us. He will always remember who we are. Even when we feel forgotten or when we fail to remember Him or others around us, remember that God will always be faithful and remain with His people.

(parts of this writing was taken from World Vision act:s Relentless message)

No comments:

Post a Comment