Friday, April 8, 2011

Be the Change

I love reading stories of young people who want to change their world. I've posted about the young boy, Austin Gutwein" who started "Hoops for Hope" (Take Your Best Shot) and the young abolitionist, Zach Hunter (Be the Change). I just read a blog the other day about Mikaela in California who raises money for children with cancer and helps other non-profits working to eradicate poverty, human trafficking, world hunger, and infant mortality. Today I was reminded of another young girl, at the age of 10 who decided to bring hope to the children in the Kibera slums of Kenya by raising funds for education. Every year she holds a 5k run in Nashville with other cultural activities throughout the park. To date, $275,000 has been raised since 2004. I sit back and wonder, "What have I been doing with my life?" I've been asking myself that question for some time now, waiting for an answer. Maybe I should just get up and do something. Something that has been on my mind for years actually. Be the Change is what I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment