Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Leavin' On A Jet Plane...eventually!

Well, here’s how my day’s been. Got up early to talk to oncologist about the letter I received Saturday from imaging saying my mammogram was abnormal and I needed followup after I was told everything was fine. (is that a run-on sentence) I was reassured there must have been a mistake. They had me fax the letter to investigate. In the mean time, I called the imaging place again and she was all apologetic saying she didn’t know how she could have made such a mistake she was so sorry. I didn’t make a big stink but I’m thinking, this was the 2nd time for me and talking to 3 other people this weekend who’ve had problems, it makes me think they need to do something about it. And of course, I’m freaking out all this time wondering “What if...” Yes, I know what I should have been doing, but still....
Then, there was the problem with my bank. The other night, Cory and I were ordering our Disneyland tickets. The site wouldn’t allow me to purchase them together so after ordering mine, we went back to order hers. For some reason it wouldn’t work, over and over again. So, she used a different account. I then received an email saying they had blocked my account because of unusual activity. They wanted to make sure it was me making purchases. I’m not sure why they couldn’t call me to ask. And of course, this happened over the weekend so had to work it out this morning. That got straightened out.
Then, I had to get temporary insurance cards in case I drive while in California. We never received our new ones. The others expired in May.
To top it all off, we get to the airport only to find our flight delayed. Well, we had an inkling when we looked up our flight status online before leaving. We were to leave at 5:35 pm and were told to be on time in case the delay was adjusted. We went through security early and I had a voice message on my phone from the airline saying we wouldn’t be leaving until 7:10. That’s fine, but that would give us little time to connect in Las Vegas. So, we talk to the attendant and the flight in Vegas would be delayed also so shouldn’t be a problem. I hope not. I really don’t want to spend the night in the Las Vegas airport. Our plane is delayed due to bad weather conditions in Florida. Don’t you think a meal voucher would be nice?
So, here I sit, starting my vacation blog earlier than intended. But no problem, I’ve been wanting something to write about.
Let’s see, what’s going on in the Nashville airport? Oh, watch your step, you might trip over one of those names dropping on the floor. And then I had to move because of the smell of collard greens and mac and cheese across from me. There is live music close by at Tootsies Orchid Lounge. You can also find a Tootsie’s on Broadway, downtown.
Okay, so we finally got to board our plane around 7:15. Cory and I didn’t have any trouble finding seats together, in fact we had an extra seat. Just hope we make it to our connecting flight on time. The flight has been okay. Only once, so far, was there some turbulence and they had to turn on the “buckle your seat belt” sign. We did get a snack and drink, though I opted not to drink my Sprite, after seeing the flight attendant smashing the ice with a can, I figured I could do without. Trying to keep my legs moving. There is plenty of leg room which is nice. The plane has 2 rows of 3 seats each.
This seems to be a long flight. Well, we arrive in Las Vegas and we’re told the next plane was waiting for us, along with several others that need to catch their flights to various places. I was told that the Vegas airport was small, so I’m thinking maybe a little bigger than San Luis. How wrong I was! I think we walked a mile from one concourse to the other. As we were trying to rush, the pilot was there telling us not to worry, they were waiting for us. Besides, there were others that got there after we did. Though quite a bit of turbulence, the flight seemed like 10 minutes rather than 45. We arrived safely, Bennett and Rachel met us at baggage and all of our bags arrived as well.
We talked awhile then I finally went to bed, it was 3:15 a.m. by then, TN time.

No comments:

Post a Comment