Tuesday, August 16, 2011

California or Bust!

I’m really looking forward to our trip to California. It has been 3 years too long since I was home. I know home is where the heart is or where the family is; my family is in Tennessee but my heart is still in California.
There have been some good times here in Tennessee. I’ve seen some interesting and amazing things like the Great Smokey Mountains--in the snow, going back in the fall for colors; the Natchez Trace, the Blue Ridge Mountains and Amicalola Falls in North Georgia. Seeing where the Amish live was another interesting place to visit. We enjoy the fresh vegetables in the summer.
I do enjoy the thunderstorms but the tornados are quite scary-especially the ones that hit in nearby states--taking out so many homes. When the sirens go off, it’s in to the closet we go.
We’ve also been able to reconnect with some of mom’s relatives. She’s from Mississippi and Dad was from Arkansas, where I lived in first and second grades. It was fun to see mom’s birthplace, Duck Hill, MS and we even drove through West Memphis, Arkansas where I lived. It wasn’t the same of course.
I think we’ve had more visitors here--my sister and niece came from Hawaii one Christmas, another niece and her two teens from CA and our friend from Alaska.
We got to attend the Dove Awards at the Grand Ole Opry and the after party. Saw Nickel Creek at the Ryman and Peter Andrews at Christmas. I so wish to see Emmylou Harris at the Ryman, and I’d love to see Reba and the Judd’s.
We’ve had some great times with friends Bethany and Shannon throughout the year and some holidays. And of course I’ve enjoyed having Elijah once a week for the past few years, watching him grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment