Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to Church?

This past week, I visited a church that I've wanted to visit for some time now. Wednesday night they had a worship service that I really wanted to experience. I have missed corporate worship. I love to worship, at least I did. This past year has been one with plenty of ups and downs. An emotional, stress-filled roller coaster. I haven't enjoyed attending church or small group. I'd go to church but I really wasn't excited about it. I've heard that worship is a "heart" issue--nothing to do with the song. However, I feel both are important. Wednesday night worship was amazing. I enjoyed it so much. Sunday afternoon's service turned into another night of worship. I was so excited to be going to church. I haven't felt like that in months. I've been watching the podcasts from the past few weeks on the "Musts" for believers. We "must" be filled with the Holy Spirit, we "must" preach the good news to the poor, we "must" heal the broken hearted, we "must" free the captives and the oppressed, we "must" help with the recovery of the blind. From Luke 4:18-19 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."  I was looking forward to hearing this last message, however the Holy Spirit was leading in another way. This was what I truly needed and have truly missed. Thank you Jesus for meeting me. What a blessing. Can't wait to go back.

1 comment: