Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday a day late!

Yesterday was Easter Sunday, a day when many take part in Easter egg hunts, dress in their finest, and feast on foods set aside for the holidays. Some make this day their annual pilgrimage to church to celebrate the resurrected Christ--or is it merely to "show off" their "finery"?
However, many do go to celebrate life. Easter does fall at a time when new life abounds--tulips and daffodils in bloom, cherry blossoms (or is it another kind), calves and colts in the pasture along with lambs and kids. What an amazing time to celebrate new life in Christ. Many came to know Christ for the first time Sunday. What a terrific day to find "new life".
Speaking of "new life":  for the past few weeks I have begun feeling "new life" once again. 2009 held several spiritual challenges for me. I tend to "hold on to things" a little longer than I should--just ask my family. I know I shouldn't, but that's what I do. Since finding a new church that preaches the truth (not that the other church didn't speak the truth) and experiencing corporate worship, which I hungered for, I feel like I'm being renewed in some ways. I wish I had visited this Calvary Chapel sooner, however, I've been able to see God work. I am once again excited about attending church again. The past year had become a ritual. Sure, once in a while I received something, but rarely. Perhaps I wouldn't allow my heart to accept the message or the song. Needless to say, I was in a "funk" so to speak, but now I'm beginning to rise above that with God's help.
Once again, I'm going to church, worshipping and in the Word. I've also begun to have a heart for the world. Unfortunately, I let some circumstances "stomp" my love for the nations. It had once been my passion. Many of you know that has been my hearts cry for a lot of years. However, this past year that passion died. Perhaps there was a small flame left that just wouldn't die out or maybe the embers of my soul were fanned back to life. In fact, you may be getting tired of my posts. Don't worry, they'll continue. I want to have God's heart for the world once again. My desire is for God to break my heart with the things that break His. I want His eyes for just one second, His eyes so I can see, His arms for the brokenhearted, and His heart for the ones forgotten.
We cannot stay forever on the "mount of transfiguration", basking in the light of our mountaintop experience (Mark 9:1-9) But we must obey the light we received there, we must put it into action. When God gives us a vision, we must transact business with Him at that point, no matter what the cost.
(Oswald Chambers)
Did not our heart burn within us...? Luke 24:32

This blog was inspired by my friend Sandra who asked the other day what's been "On My Mind" lately and what God has been teaching me.

1 comment: