Saturday, December 7, 2013

I don't live the life of an adventurous world traveling missionary, though I'd like to. And I don't live the life of a wilderness naturalist, though I'd love to. But I live the life of a wife, mother, sister, daughter, niece and caregiver. I know we're to do the best we can, no matter what we are doing. But I sometimes want to do more. Then there are times I just want to sit in my room and be alone. I'd never be a motivational speaker without a little motivation, and that's what I think I lack. I can come up with ideas and reasons but the follow through isn't always there. I have gotten to do a lot of different things in my life. And most of them I've enjoyed. I've set goals, and accomplished some of those. But, still, there are other things I've thought about doing, but either didn't have the nerve or the "gumption" to get it done. I took up a challenge, well really I tweaked it a bit, but I haven't even worked on that all that much. I have a habit of reading several books at once, if I find some that catch my interest. I was in the middle of like 5 books and I was determined finish them all. Well, I got 2 finished, but then I added a couple. So now, I'm in the middle of 6. One also includes a study guide. So I filled out a calendar with the books I'll read each day but I'm still behind. Now I can't even find the calendar. Sometimes I just can't focus and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to read. However, I will eventually get them read, one way or the other. And did I mention, I hardly read a book from front to back. Does that tell you anything? Here it is the second week of December and I still haven't finished my next book. I'm now reading a children's book: My Side of the Mountain. A good read.

2 comments: