Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Cheer!




Things I like about Christmas:

Kids being kids up on stage at the Christmas performance--love, love it!
Christmas trees!
Lights strung on the tree, across the houses, even in the bushes (even the moving deer that lights up)!
Stockings hung by the chimney with care--though ours are on the bookshelf!
Christmas music playing on the radio, in the stores, and in the elevators!
Smells of pine trees, cookies baking, cider brewing!
The taste of FUDGE!!! YUMMY!! My favorite!
Children laughing, sizing up and rattling their gifts, trying to “guess” what’s inside!
Christmas carols being sung around the Yule Log--or just around!
Christmas movies--tiring of the same old ones year after year, but watching them anyway!
Christmas decorations, though before Thanksgiving is a bit too early if you ask me!
Making gingerbread houses with the kids. After our kids had grown, I began having the Abdelaziz children over at Christmastime to make gingerbread houses. Of course, my grown kids continued having fun making one or helping the younger ones. After moving to Tennessee, I had to find some more children to come over to make our Christmas decorated houses. Over the past 4 years, we've had several coming over to decorate.
Most of all, I enjoy the nativity scene which represents the reason that we celebrate Christmas. We have 3 in our house. One makes into a puzzle. Jim made it years ago. He’s the only one that can fit it back together. One my niece Jenni made for us. And this year we get to use Carey’s Willow Tree. All reminders of Christ’s birth and childlike faith.

2 comments:

  1. We miss those saliva-covered gingerbread houses... :-)

    We miss YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sheri, what an amazing heart you have for children. I know my family always enjoyed their Christmas traditions with you!

    ReplyDelete