Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Worship in Pink



There's always that thought in the back of my mind--"It could return at any time." What could return? The cancer. However, today's mammogram looked good, for which I'm thankful, but I'll wait for the final word from the oncologist.
"Worship in Pink" is coming up August 28-30. If you'd like to support breast cancer and bring awareness to others I encourage you to wear pink to church on one of those days.
In October I hope to be involved with the Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure"
5K Run/Walk. Check online for a race near you: 5K or 3 day walks at ww5.komen.org/findarace.aspx
I do what I can to prevent the return of the "cancer monster"--regular check-ups, popping meds and routine mammograms. Trying to eat healthy.
I tend to get razzed that my pills make me crazy--actually moody, and I often zone out while listening to Emmylou Harris, but, hey, I figure I can blame it all on meds and senility. LOL!

BE AWARE--TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF--DON'T FORGET YOUR SELF EXAMS!
EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment